Bridges Alliance of Johnson County, Indiana is a collaboration effort of businesses, agencies, churches, and individual residents of Johnson County to end poverty by providing proven tools, resources, support, and relationships to foster stability and independence.
- Allies needed for matching with circle leaders;
- Wednesday evening set-up, serving and clean-up volunteers;
- Wednesday evening child care
- Community members are invited to attend the “Big View” discussion on the fourth Wednesday of each month, 6:30pm at Grace UMC, 1300 East Adams, Franklin. Enter east side of church and proceed upstairs. Topics that impact poverty in our community are pursued such as transportation or housing. Community involvement is encouraged.
- The Circle Leaders (graduates from classes #1 and #2), continue to meet every Wednesday evening at Grace United Methodist Church Franklin, IN, with their allies and other volunteers, to continue their journey toward their individual goals and future vision.
- View CNN report that describes the Circles initiative that our Bridges Alliance uses.
- Interested in becoming an ally – help individuals striving to get ahead. We are now looking for allies who will be matched with these individuals when they graduate. Also needing volunteers to provide child care on Wednesday evenings during the classes or help with supper preparation, serving and clean-up. See Volunteer tab to sign-up.
The “Surviving to Thriving” class (class #2) graduated on March 6th with 7 graduates completing the 14-week training program. The graduation was attended by over 50 people including the Greenwood Mayor Mark Myers, Maxine Thomas, keynote speaker from Indy Circles, and class speakers.
“Want to learn about Poverty & Bridges Alliance of J.C.?”
Are you part of a group that wants to learn more about poverty in Johnson County or that focuses on community service? Bridges Alliance of J.C, offers Poverty Simulations and Poverty Awareness sessions.
Teams can come to your business, organization, or church to share concepts, workshops, and products to address and reduce poverty in a comprehensive way. We bring people from all sectors and economic classes together to improve retention rates, build resources, and support those who are moving out of poverty. Contact us at email@example.com.
Click here to read testimonies from very special people.
“Big thanks to Home Bank for their generous and awesome donation! This follows their original seed money that brought a Bridges speaker to Johnson County in 2016 that kicked off this initiative.”
“Kudos to Crane Federal Credit Union for their generous support of Bridges and helping people getting ahead.”