Bridges Alliance of Johnson County, Indiana is a collaboration effort of businesses, agencies, churches, and individual residents of Johnson County to end poverty by providing proven tools, resources, support, and relationships to foster stability and independence.
- Allies for Class 2 which begins Nov 2018;
- Wednesday evening set-up, serving and clean-up volunteers;
- Wednesday evening child care
- View CNN report that describes the Circles initiative that our Bridges Alliance uses.
- Bridges Volunteer Info Evening- Wed, Dec 12. – You are invited to attend if you would like to learn more about volunteer opportunities with the Bridges Alliance, e.g. becoming an ally, volunteering at the weekly Wednesday evening programs, etc. Join us Wed, Dec 12 at Grace United Methodist Church, 1300 E. Adams St, Franklin, at 6pm for supper or 6:30pm for information program.
- New 14-week series; Surviving to Thriving classes began November 7th to help individuals striving to get ahead. We are now looking for allies who will be matched with these individuals when they graduate. Also needing volunteers to provide child care on Wednesday evenings during the classes or help with supper preparation, serving and clean-up. See Volunteer tab to sign-up.
Wonderful graduation was held on August 1 for 6 “Surviving to Thriving” graduates, now called Circle Leaders, check out the “Ready for Success” article in the Daily Journal.
“Want to learn about Poverty & Bridges Alliance of J.C.?”
Are you part of a group that wants to learn more about poverty in Johnson County or that focuses on community service? Bridges Alliance of J.C, offers Poverty Simulations and Poverty Awareness sessions.
Teams can come to your business, organization, or church to share concepts, workshops, and products to address and reduce poverty in a comprehensive way. We bring people from all sectors and economic classes together to improve retention rates, build resources, and support those who are moving out of poverty. Contact us at email@example.com.
Click here to read testimonies from very special people.
“Big thanks to Home Bank for their generous and awesome donation!
This follows their original seed money that brought a Bridges speaker to Johnson County in 2016 that kicked off this initiative.”
“Kudos to Crane Federal Credit Union for their generous support of Bridges and helping people getting ahead.”